Your journey has brought you to the web-page of my training company!
My name is Jaana Susanna Liigand-Juhkam and I am the manager and leading instructor.
I have studied business administration at North Georgia College & State University in the USA (University of North Georgia since 2013) and earned an MBA degree from Estonian Business School (2003) and a MA in Psychology from University of Tartu (2012). In 2013-2014 I participated in The Art and Science of Coaching training program by Erickson College International (Canada).
I have been working as a lecturer in different universities and delivered professional training and consulting to both private and public sector organizations. I have also practiced journalism and co-authored several handbooks in the fields of organizational behaviour and management.
Here you can acquaint yourself with the range of training products we deliver. A personalized training programme can be developed to suit your needs exactly. In the methodology of the trainings, lecture sessions alternate with practical exercises and discussion. One of our principles is that training has to be educative but interactive, fun and entertaining as well. Two or more trainers will usually carry out lengthier courses and trainings simultaneously to guarantee professionalism and variety.
Please let us know the topics that correspond to your training needs and we will draw up a tailored offer especially for you. Consultations in all areas mentioned are also offered.
Organization and Management
- History and development of organizational behaviour.
- New paradigms and theories.
- Organization: its goals, vision, mission and structure.
- The meaning of strategy and technology in an organization.
- Organizational culture and microclimate.
- Types of culture: How does culture develop?
- Basics of management, differences between managers and leaders, change in the role of the manager.
The Role of the Individual in Organizations/ Multiple Intelligences
- Individuals’ personal traits.
- Overview of the most common personality theories through ages.
- Some important concepts concerning personality – perception, roles, values, attitudes.
- Multiple intelligences, emotional, rational, practical and spiritual intelligence.
- The personality of a leader, leadership competencies, different leadership skills, their influence on organization’s microclimate.
Motivation and Self-Motivation/ Dealing with Stress
- Main motivation theories through ages and their benefits.
- New trends in motivating people.
- Motivating people by developing their different skills.
- The meaning and importance of self-motivation.
- Self-motivation and emotional intelligence.
- Work-related stress and burnout – causes and ways of dealing with it.
The Basics of Communication/ Conflicts and Ways of Dealing With Them
- Importance of communication, managing by communicating, developmental interviews.
- Verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Communication process, main rules of communication.
- Secrets of successful communication, communication and emotional intelligence.
- Conflicts, their causes, how to deal with them successfully, win-win solutions.
- Different communication techniques.
- Overview of behaviour styles, basics of assertive behaviour.
- Communication exercises.
- The essence of negotiations, main negotiation techniques, different stages of negotiations.
- Competencies of a good negotiator, emotional intelligence in the negotiation process.
- Essential communication skills.
- Negotiations as a way of solving conflicts.
- Decision-making process in negotiations.
- Negotiations in teams, different nationalities and cultural differences in the negotiation process.
- Practical negotiation exercises.
Groups and Teams in Organizations
- Group theory, characteristics of groups, thinking and decision-making in groups.
- Differences between groups and teams, how groups grow into teams?
- The real meaning of teamwork.
- How to build teams, how teams develop?
- Critical aspects in teamwork, threats and problems.
- Team’s emotional intelligence.
- Team-building exercises, video exercises.
- Competencies of a good public speaker
- Psychological and physical readiness of a speaker
- Main rules of public speaking, different categories of public speaking
- The construction of a speech and a presentation – differences and similarities.
- Using visual aids during the speech.
- Leading meetings.
- Practical exercises.